Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Testimonial Tuesday Round 2

Hey everyone! On this Testimonial Tuesday I wanted to change it up a little and personally connect with my readers. As many of you may know I have never been the skinny girl who can eat whatever she wants and get away with it. My entire life has been an up and down roller coaster with my weight as well as diet. When I graduated high school I was at my personal all time high of 185 lbs, this I was not proud of but can definitely say that the stress and anxiety of going off to college was getting the best of me. At this time in my life I was still active but not to the degree I needed to be and diet was definitely an issue. From the time I can remember I have always enjoyed eating whatever was in front of me and never really understood what being full meant. 


Going off to college with my track scholarship in hand, I became very determined to change my way of life as well as set forth to get my name on that school record board. My way of life at the University of Sioux Falls was very fast pace, rarely time to sit down and think about those you missed back home. On top of our 4 hour track practices everyday, I had other goals that I wanted to obtain so I began to get up at 5am daily to strive for those goals as well. During this year away from home I accomplished three goals that I could take with me for the rest of my life. My weight goal of 155 lb, as well as being able to run three miles without stopping and the most important goal that I obtained while in Sioux Falls was that of a balanced diet and understanding the terms of hungry and full.  As for the track goal, well that simply didn't work out since I quit after the first semester, which is an entire different story. 

Looking back I am completely satisfied with how that year turned out. Although I did not reach all of my set goals it appears to even this day that I met the one's that still are important in my life and continue to help me meet my other set goals. This goes to show that even I am not perfect in this world of Fitness, we all have our flaws, but it is recognizing those flaws and understanding what needs to be done to improve them that becomes important. Still to this day I struggle with my diet and on occasion I make the wrong decisions, but acknowledging those mishaps is half the battle to a new and healthier you!

Your Motivator and Companion,

Gabby Skinner
FITness Into A Lifestyle
Personal Trainer & Owner
19409 Blondo Pkwy 
Phone: 402-459-1541
fitnessintoalifestyle@gmail.com

  


3 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful person inside and outside which is all that matters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! What are you doing; counting calories. working out, supplements? I workout but I would say my downfall is the diet. I still eat whatever there is, which is not a good habit! I also agree with the comment, you are a beautiful person inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! All of your support is very encouraging! To answer your question Rebecca I plan to do a blog on my "secrets" tomorrow (8/23/2013). Please stay tuned as I share that with my viewers!

    ReplyDelete