Monday, September 16, 2013

Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothie

Hey Everyone!

   Happy Monday to you all. I hope you all are enjoying the football season as much as I am. Nothing says the word Fall better than some football! As we all look back at our weekend we can be saying "OOOoo I did not eat very well at the party" or "Ya I totally rocked my weekend diet better than usual!" Whatever the case may be, keeping our diet healthy on the weekdays is where most of us find our greatest success. Therefore, as Monday morning generally creeps up on us way too quickly, we can be thinking what kind of healthy quick meal can I have for breakfast to keep me full enough till the noon hour or longer. 

  For myself I have tried many things, but continue to bounce back and forth between two options, homemade fruit smoothies or oatmeal. This particular week happens to be smoothie week, so I wanted to share this low calorie meal with you all today! As anything, there are many different variation recipes out there that we can all attempt to try or follow, but I tend to favor this one I found a few years ago and have used ever since. 

*All of these items can go directly into a blender

   -1 cup almond milk
   -1 cup fruit of choice (if out of season or enjoy a more frozen drink use no sugar added frozen fruit)
   -6 oz low fat yogurt of choice
   - OPTIONAL: -extra added ice
                           -raw oats (if added will need another 1/4 cup of milk)

Turn on the blender full speed and your meal will be ready in no time. Roughly speaking this meal will be a total of 210 calories without the raw oats. What a great easy way to start you mornings! Enjoy!

Your Motivator and Companion,

Gabby Skinner
FITness Into A Lifestyle
Personal Trainer & Owner
1735 Churchill Drive
Fremont, NE 68025
Phone: 402-459-1541
fitnessintoalifestyle@gmail.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment