Friday, August 23, 2013

Tellame What's Your Secret

Hey everyone!

First, I wanted to Thank You for all the support on my Testimonial Tuesday post. You help to encourage me in continuing what I'm doing, as well as gave me a few more leads  on topics for my blog posts, so Thank You once again! 

After my post from Tuesday I had a few questions concerning how I lost my weight and what my secrets are/were. Today I would like to give you the inside scoop of my secrets and how I lost my 30 pounds! The few aspects that I changed seemed to be those in which I struggled with most and my determination to get results was very high. 

To begin with one of the first pieces I changed was my workout routine! I had never been a runner, it was always a dreadful thing to me, but here I was striving for more miles everyday. At the beginning I was using the elliptical for 30 minutes a day and once this became easy I switched over to the treadmill where in the end I was running 3 miles consistently and on a daily basis. Along with my cardio I began to add lifts that targeted what I considered my problem areas. These lifts would take place for 30 minutes after I completed my cardio portion. This sequence of my workout helped to get my heart rate elevated with doing the cardio first and then sustaining this elevated level by doing some weight lifting to follow. Ultimately aiding me to burn the most calories. 

The second piece that I changed was my eating habits. I can definitely agree that I am a emotional eater, so during those times of stress or missing my family I would eat non-stop until I felt miserable. Grasping this thought was very hard for me but I knew I had to do something about it, therefore I began to watch my intake a little better. I started by eating the healthy choices from the cafeteria and limiting myself to one diet pop a day. From here I became stronger, so in addition to my first changes I stopped eating fast food and any ice cream. On occasion I would splurge and get a few french fries from the cafeteria but on most days I exceeded these rules very well!

The final piece that I changed to get these lifestyle changes, was doing stuff that made me happy. It seemed that during this first year of college one goes through a lot of life changes. I'm sure this can be said for any major change in one's life as well. But for me at times I wasn't getting the fulfillment of life as I was in High School, so I began to do things for others which is one of the greatest boosters and motivators to me personally. These different organizations I joined seemed to help me keep focused on school and my goals which in the end helped me obtain my fitness goals overall! 

Hopefully my little secrets can help you find the motivation you need to make that lifestyle change, but remember everyone is different and just because it worked for me does not necessarily mean it is the best choice for you! Consult a fitness professional today to help make your personalized fitness plans!

Your Motivator and Companion,

Gabby Skinner
FITness Into A Lifestyle
Personal Trainer & Owner
1735 Churchill Drive
Fremont, NE 68025
Phone: 402-459-1541
fitnessintoalifestyle@gmail.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment