Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My BLT Compared to Their's

A few nights ago I was craving the American way: fast food. A nice greasy burger with some fat french fries was glowing in my mind. After considering my options and how much I would lag during my training the next morning I did not cave. Instead I made a homemade BLT. This dinner allowed me to satisfy my fat craving while still staying in the limits of my dinner. Choices like these are the ones needed to make the life transition into a healthier one. Take a look.....just in this meal alone we are saving nearly 100 calories and eliminating 5.3 grams of bad fats from our diet. Imagine what doing this to each meal could do to an entire day! 


White Bread: 133 calories
Bacon: 173 calories
Mayo Light: 67 calories
French Fries: 243 calories
Total Calories: 616 calories
Total Fat: 27.6g


Bread: 220 calories
Turkey Bacon: 120 calories
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: 47 calories
Sweet Potatoes: 140 calories
Total Calories: 527 
Total Fat: 22.3g

ENJOY!!

Your Motivator and Companion,

Gabby Skinner
Personal Trainer and Owner
1735 Churchill Drive
Fremont, NE 68025
Phone: 402.459.1541
fitnessintoalifestyle@gmail.com






1 comment:

  1. Roasted Red Pepper hummus sounds like an interesting alternative. I will have to check it out! Thanks Gabby!

    ReplyDelete